fr | en
Private housing



Who may stay at Césal ?

Please notice that our places are limited and we have to accommodate students starting first and second year of CentraleSupélec course first and foremost. Depending on remaining places we can accommodate other students, including students starting third year of CentraleSupélec course.

During admission examination, applicants may stay at residence Césal for a short stay, charged according to the number of nights you stay.


How to come to Césal ?

Public transport:

The campus is served by several bus lines, at the bus stop Joliot-Curie:

  • The bus 91.06 links the campus to the train line RER B and RER C at the station Massy-Palaiseau.
  • The bus 91.10 links the campus to the train line RER R and RER C at the station Massy-Palaiseau, and to the international airport Paris Orly.
  • The bus 9 links the campus to the train line RER B at the station Le Guichet.
  • The bus 11 links the campus to the train line RER B at the station Gif-sur-Yvette.


The campus is served by route N118 at exit 9 (Centre universitaire – Le Guichet, Gif-sur-Yvette).

For parking lot, please visit Park In Saclay.

Secured bike park on the campus.


What is included in monthly rent ?

The rent you pay every months includes:

  • The main rent, based on the usable area of your room, including fare for using the furniture.
  • Apportionable service charges: they include energy costs (water, electricity, heating) and depend of the usable surface of the room. Service charges also include maintenance costs.
  • Service fees: because Césal is a student residence, it provides specific services: security service 7d/7 24h/24, psychologist, reception with distribution of parcels, access to common areas (Agora), management of the residence.

Flatsharing : what is solidarity lease ?

Each apartment is the subject of a lease common to all roommates. This induces a solidarity and indivisibility of the roommates regarding the payment of the rent of the whole apartment.

Why the amount of housing assistance may differ depending on the roommates of the same apartment ?

CAF takes into account various parameters for calculating housing assistance, some of which do not depend on the apartment but on the tenant : his resources, his family situation or his wealth. These criteria explain differences in amounts for seemingly identical situations.

Why can't I receive housing assistance granted by CAF for me ?

As a landlord, we have an agreement with CAF so we receive the amount of housing assistance granted for helping you pay the entire rent of your room. It means that while we receive this amount from CAF, the rent you pay on your own is reduced by this amount.

Should I take out insurance for my room ?

Yes, you have to take out insurance for you room running for the whole leasing period. You can choose any insurance company you like or subscribe with our partner Studcorp.

Flatsharing :

The insurance can be taken out by a single roommate to cover the entire apartment. In this case, the name of all roommates must be included in the contract. In the event of a claim, all roommates must participate in the compensation of the loss.
It is also possible for everyone to subscribe individually to an insurance contract. By choosing this option, each contract must cover the entire surface of the apartment, which is indivisible. It is wise that all roommates subscribe with the same insurer to facilitate the process in case of disaster.

Is my room furnished ?

Yes ; each room is equipped with basic furniture only : bed, desk, chair, storage area, fridge. Especially we do not provide cultery, bed linen and blanket nor housekeeping equipment.

Application for housing assistance : when you apply for housing assistance online on the CAF website, you must indicate that your home is not furnished.

How to pay the rent ?

At the end of the month, you will receive by e-mail the Avis d’échéance indicating the exact amount you must pay. You have several payment options:
automatic debiting: simply log in to your Espace résident to activate automatic debit, then enter your bank details (SEPA mandate). You will be automatically deducted from the amount indicated on your Avis d’échéance, at the beginning of the following month.
• payment by bank transfer: for each transfer, you must specify: your first and last name, your room number and the reason of payment (rent, month, parking, deposit).
Direct payment at the administration office (located in residence I): you can pay by credit/debit card only. No check or cash allowed.

What if I need help ? In case of an emergency ?

In case of an emergency, you can call the security service anytime ; dial 06 69 94 10 88. When indicating the emergency need, be sure to precise the exact place where it is happening: residence, building, level, room. This phone number does not replace regular emergency services: for an ambulance, dial 15 ; for the police, dial 17 ; for the fire department, dial 18. Dial 112 for European emergency service. Scan this QR code to save the number of the security service in your phonebook.

Can I bring my own furniture ?

Yes you can !

To feel as comfortable as you like, you have the ability to bring your own furniture if you want, such as an armchair or a coffee table for example. When leaving the residence, you will have to bring back the pieces of furniture you brought.

Please notice that you are not allowed to add heavy household appliance.


I do not understand why CAF is asking me to give back an amount of money.

Remember if you where granted APL, CAF directly pays to us the amount of your housing assistance, reducing the rent you pay at your expense. When leaving residence Césal, we may have received to much amount of assistance from CAF. We give back this overpayment directly to CAF, so you should not worry about any mail from CAF ordering you to give back any overpayment.

What happens if I damaged my room?

During check-out inventory, if any damage if noted in your room, we will charge the cost of reclamation to your security deposit.

You can consult the costs of repairs for each residence:

I need to leave, what should I do ?

You can leave residence during the lease term. For this, you must inform us by writing a letter to give at the administration of Césal. You must inform us at least one month before. For example, if you want to leave on December 15th, you must inform us by November 15th. If you leave your home during the month, the rent for this month will be charged to you in proportion to the number of days from the 1st of the month until the day of your departure.

At the administration of Césal, you will also make an appointment for check-out inventory after which you will return the key of your room and the mailbox (if mailbox with key). If you had a padlock mailbox, you must empty it and remove your padlock.
You must also tell your important correspondents (your bank for example) that you are no longer living in Césal.

What happens to the security deposit ?

When staying at Césal, you pay a security deposit while arriving. We give you back this amount within the month (31 days) following your departure date, if the check-in and check-out inventories match (meaning you did not damage or dirty your room during your stay, considering natural wear though). Depending of this observation, we may fully or partially keep the security deposit for repairing the damage you caused in your room. Notice that this situation will not occur if you take good care of your room. All you need to do is :

  • use equipment correctly ;
  • clean bathrooom to prevent scale from forming ;
  • defrost and clean fridge ;
  • clean floor and surfaces to prevent dust from accumulating ;
  • ventilate room regularly.


New school year



Rent Receipt

As you might have notice, you've recently received your rent receipt. What is it ?  A rent receipt is a document that certifies that the tenant has paid the rent and charges in full...
Student life

Carrefour supermarkets offer free menstrual protection to students from March...

Numerous students live in a menstrual precariousness situation. With the sanitary crisis, this phenomenon has been amplified. On this Monday, March 8, International Women’s Right...
Student life

Action Logement offers a 1,000€ housing assistance to support young workers

You are under 25 years old and have a student job or a work-study program? As a tenant in the Césal residences, you can apply for the new housing assistance from Action Logement! In...

COVID-19 screening campaigns on the Plateau de Saclay

"Save lives, stay safe", because the COVID-19 pandemic is still going on, it is everyone's business to fight its spread. The University of Paris-Saclay launched this week several...

A free shuttle bus serves the Césal residences

“Les  navettes  de  l’agglo ”   is a service of free  shuttle buses  in  several  cities of Paris- Saclay .  ...

Césal hosts the Fab lab of CentraleSupélec in the Residence I

In this pandemic situation, we are aware about the student’s difficulties to continue working under good conditions. Césal invites you to discover its "mini Fab lab". To...

Setting up poster areas in our residences

You wish to promote your association? An event that you are organising? Or just to express yourself? Césal has created more than 20 poster areas for its tenants in its...
All the news

Our partners

Visit us

Lets's get in touch !

+33(0)1 85 37 07 12
joignable du lundi au vendredi de 8h30 à 20h00


You are welcome at the reception in the hall of residence I, opened from Monday to Friday from 8:30 am to 8:00 pm.


1 rue Joliot-Curie
91190 Gif-sur-Yvette

©2018-22 Résidence Césal - All rights reserved
Creation & development: Answeb

Legal notices - Manage Cookies