You can apply for housing assistance to help you pay the whole rent of your accommodation. Please notice that you have to apply online in French on the website of CAF.
Any application has to be done online. Before applying you need to have these :
- E-mail address ;
- Lease term ;
- Proof of income of last 2 years ;
- Bank account (IBAN)
- SIRET number of Association Césal : 349 371 880 00023
Dowload the guide and carefully follow the steps for applying :
- En français : http://www.caf.fr/sites/default/files/cnaf/Documents/DCom/Accueil/Actu/ALE-2019/Ale%20Foyer%20Hors%20Crous.pdf.
- In English : http://www.caf.fr/sites/default/files/cnaf/Documents/DCom/Accueil/Actu/ALE-2019/No%20Crous_English.pdf.
- En español : http://www.caf.fr/sites/default/files/cnaf/Documents/DCom/Accueil/Actu/ALE-2019/No%20Crous_Spanish.pdf.
Attestation de loyer
Within the 3 weeks following your arrival, we will send you a filled Attestation de loyer that you will have to join to your application. Notice that this delay does not prevent you to apply online for housing assistance right after your arrival.
Note : the rent mentioned on the attestation does not include service charges and fees.
Terms of payment
- As a landlord, we have an agreement with CAF so we receive the amount of housing assistance granted for helping you pay the entire rent of your room. It means that while we receive this amount from CAF, the rent you pay on your own is reduced by this amount.
- The monthly payments made by CAF are only valid for the full monthly rent.
- The first payment of housing assistance granted to you is made 2 months after the validation of your file. Each payment is made on the 25th of the month for the current month, and possibly to make up for the previous months, as part of a regularization.
- The month of your arrival is considered a month of default by CAF (usually September). It is not taken into account in the calculation of your housing assistance.
- In January, CAF may suspend your housing assistance for various reasons: lack of a declaration of resources, expired residence permit, consecutive unpaid rent.